Exercise and why we need it.
Whether it is a long run through a state park, a fast paced walk with a friend, or hitting the gym for a favorite class, exercise is critical for many aspects of our lives.
- Research has shown that exercise can boost your production of endorphins, which can increase positive feelings. In addition, it can reduce the production of stress hormones, such as cortisol.
- Regular exercise can help maintain a healthy body weight.
- Weight-bearing exercises can benefit your bones by increasing a person’s bone density and reducing bone breakdown.
- Engaging in regular exercise can boost your brain health by increasing a person’s heart rate, which increase the amount of oxygen that the brain receives.
- Research has shown, exercise has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.